DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Version 1 dated 2 July 2014 (this “Policy)
This Policy is to inform you of how The Peranakan Association, Singapore (S62SS0034J) (referred to as “TPAS”) manage Personal Data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012)(the “Act”), which comes into full effect on 2nd July 2014.
By being a member or engaged by or rendering services to TPAS, you agree and consent to submitting your Personal Data to TPAS for TPAS’ collection, use and disclosure, as the case may be, where applicable, as set out herein.
This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to TPAS in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which TPAS may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
TPAS may from time to time update this Policy in line with legal, regulatory requirements and under the Act. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Policy as updated from time to time on our website http://www.peranakan.org.sg or as notified.
1. Personal Data
1.1 Personal Data means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data or (b) from that data and other information to which TPAS has or is likely to have access, including data in TPAS’ records as may be updated from time to time.
1.2 Personal Data includes your name, date of birth, NRIC number, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to you or any individuals which you have provided to TPAS in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other methods of interaction with you, as the case may be, where applicable.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 We will request your Personal Data:-
* when you are a member or engaged by or rendering services to TPAS;
* when you submit an application form or other forms relating to your membership, engagement or services rendered to TPAS;
* when you submit in an email, correspondences and other forms of updates and communication to TPAS;
* when you respond to our requests for additional Personal Data;
* when we seek information from third parties about you in connection withyour membership, engagement or services rendered to TPAS; and
* when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2.2 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (in relation to your spouse, children, parents, and/or other individuals), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
2.3 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to execute the relevant membership, arrangements or agreements with TPAS.
3. Purpose of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
3.1 Personal Data will be collected, used and disclosed by TPAS for the following purposes:-
* administering, managing and executing your memberships, arrangements or agreements with you;
* managing and facilitating the administrative operations of TPAS and complying with our internal policies and procedures;
* maintenance and upkeep of membership records, profiling and other resources management;
* assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary; and
* meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to membership, engagement and services rendered and to make disclosure to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority where applicable.
3.2 You may at any time withdraw, in full or in part, your disclosure consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period in Section 6.1 below.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
TPAS will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes listed above, as the case may be, where applicable, to the following:-
* TPAS to enrol you or for you to render your services, address your questions and requests in relation to your membership, engagement or rendering of services to TPAS;
* contractors, third party service providers in the course of your membership, engagement or rendering of services;
* any government agencies, statutory boards or authorities or industry regulators to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority;
* our professional advisers such as auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers in connection with TPAS; and
* any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
5.1 A cookie is a small file stored on your computer and sent by a website which remembers the information about you and your preferences when you visit certain websites.
* enabling certain features and functions on our websites, e.g. remembering your user-id, browsing and other service preferences;
* building up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
* improving the efficiency of our website;
* administering services to you and to advertisers; and
* establishing usage statistics.
5.3 Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies (please see the “help” section of your browser), but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
5.4 Advertisements on the TPAS website may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. TPAS does not control these third parties and their cookie policies and if you have questions about their cookie policies, please contact TPAS and we will try our best to assist by providing you information about these third party advertising agencies.
5.5 TPAS is not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third party websites linked to the TPAS website.
6. Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
6.1 You may at any time raise any questions or provide feedback relating to your Personal Data or this Policy, or would like to withdraw or amend, in full or in part, your consent given previously to any use of your Personal Data in TPAS’ records, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions or other conditions and a reasonable time period. Please contact:- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
6.2 If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, TPAS may not be in a position to continue to administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any obligations or undertakings with and by TPAS. In such an event, TPAS expressly reserves all its legal rights and remedies.
7. Governing Law
7.1 This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.